Thursday, 15 May 2008

I have a hobby...

I have this hobby which after watching the Lord of the rings extended versions a couple of weeks ago, I'm determined to get back into.

Way back in the 80's at high school, when I was the geek's geek I played Dungeons and Dragons - no sorry Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. The game was sort of fun, I enjoyed more the hanging out with friends but mostly the bit I enjoyed was painting the miniature monsters and knights and stuff we used.

So a few years ago, a magazine was released which offered Lord of the Rings characters to paint, with instructions on how to do so. It showed as well how to build scenery to put them in. It also had a game to play but I was not interested in that bit.

91 issues later I have hundreds of miniatures to paint, have bought extra ones and really have enough to last a long long time.

Here is a picture of some I have done. For scale - a human is around 25mm (1 inch) and the blurry bit of plastic in left hand corner is the tip of a ball point pen. (click image to embiggen it)

1 comment:

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

that looks like an awful lot of work! Very cool though.