Saturday, 22 March 2008

Fearful Symmetry


Because the Cd player in my car is broken I had to dig out some old cassettes to have music to play. I found Fearful symmetry by Daniel Amos or DA as they called themselves then.

I listened to it today as I drove around the Summit Road on the Port Hills, and I was just taken back.

I first heard this music in the summer of 1990, I'd been a Christian for 4 months, had biked down to the Christian book store and saw this odd looking tape on the shelf, I had a quick listen and was just amazed, I'd never heard anything like it Christian or non-Christian. Cycling home I had it in the walkman and that was the beginning.

I did not know at the time that Fearful Symmetry was tape 4 in the 4 part Alarma chronicles.

Who knows what other gems my trek through the cassettes will find.

No comments: