Wednesday, 17 December 2008

12 songs of Christmas - song 6

Michael W. Smith sing we now of Christmas - Emmanuel

To all those who know me mainly from my alt-rock leanings - yes I do like Michael W. Smith - in fact I have nearly all of his CD's.

So given that he has 3 CD's of Christmas music I thought it time I played at least one of them.



Sing we now of Christmas
Sing we all Noel
Of the Lord and Savior
We the tidings tell
Sing we Noel
For Christ our Lord is born
Sing we Noel
For Christ our Lord is born
Angels from on high
May shepherds come and see
He's born in Bethlehem
A blessed family
Glory to God
For Christ our King is born
Glory to God
For Christ our King is born
Sing we now of Christmas
Sing we all Noel
Sing we now of Christmas
Sing we all Noel
Sing we all Noel

Emmanuel, Emmanuel
Emmanuel, Emmanuel
Wonderful Counselor
Lord of Life, Lord of All
He is the Prince of Peace,
Mighty God, Holy One
Emmanuel, Emmanuel


Emmanuel means God with Us. Not wise man with us, or great teacher with us, but God with us. This song hearkens back to one my first first posts where I (along with some help from Bono) talked about how Jesus is God. If He were anything less then all those who follow Him and His teaches are to be pitied above all people. Lives and eternities wasted.

His (wise) teachings were not understood by the large majority of the people who listened, in fact if you read the Gospels we see the disciples who did follow him had a hard time too.

His great moral teachings included don't worry about the poor, they will always be around but I'm here you should be concerned about me.

His profound statements include that if you have seen him you have seen the Father and that the way to heaven is to believe in him and him alone.

If He was not God with Us my life is a waste of Time. But the more I look the more I see He is the one. He makes promises and He has the power to back them up, He has the history to show he keeps them.

6 days to Christmas - sing we now of Christmas, of the Lord and saviour, Emmanuel, mighty God and holy one.

No comments: