Thursday, 18 December 2008

12 songs of Christmas - song 7

God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen - by Phil Keaggy

I'm not going to worry about the lyrics just the youtube for this one. You'll see why.

Phil Keaggy is the insanely talented guitar player. If you have not heard of him before, then pop around to my place and I'll put on a DVD of a concert he and Randy Stonehill did. All this talent and it is with one finger missing on his strumming hand.

Here is the song...




The irony of choosing God Rest ye merry Gentlemen, is that I choose it while driving to work today. I'm now typing this after exercising for 45 minutes and need a rest (and shower but I'm not going to mention that... oops)

But I choose this song really because I like what Phil has done. It is an instrumaental of what I was listening to this morning but it shows what talent the guy has got.


Here is a bit more of Phil...



It's a slower song of his - you should see the concert DVD when he really cranks things up a notch.

No comments: