Saturday, 23 February 2008

The Tale of the 'Tashe

Tmay be an anticlimax, but here at long last is The tale of the 'tashe...

(Those who were around at the time can switch off now)

The short story is, that back in November I took part in Movember to raise money for Mens health awareness - specifically in regards to prostate cancer. I raised $130 thanks to some very generous people. On December the first I shaved it off but I'm still using pictures of me with the mo because they are funny and stand out.

That was the short story here is the long one... And it is made up of my mo-log where I took pictures a couple times a week.

For those who don't know, the idea of Movember is that in the first day of the eleventh month you start with a clean shaven face and grow a mo. It is not allow to touch the sideburns as that is a beard, and the handlebars cannot touch as that is a goatee. During the month you raise money and awareness. And if you are really brave get your prostate checked. (Mine was done a year or so ago so I need to again in a few years)

November 2nd
02.11.07
Me dated 2nd Movemebr - didn't get a picture on the first. I have one days stubble.Not sure what style to go for yet. I'm thinking of Victorian style - connecting up to my sideburns.

Movember the 5th
05.11.07
Well apparently joining the mo to the sideburns (even Victorian style) is a beard. So here is my mo after 5 days.

08 Movember
08.11.07
Don't you dare call it bum fluff! If I had this on my bum I'd be very worried. I'd have to say the annoying thing about the mo is that it feels as if I have food or dirt stuck on my face.

Movember 12th
12.11.07
I know it's ginger - get over it!It is weird that the further down my chin my facial hair goes the more ginger/lighter it gets. In fact once I grew a soul patch (tickle spot) and no one noticed it because it was blond.No nothing is dyed!

15th of Movember
15.11.07
This lip forest is growing. I can really tell it is there. When I smile, eat, wash or whatever the fuzz rubs.

Movember 20
21.11.07
It's itchy and scratchy. It bites and bites and bites. My cheeks are getting gravel rash from when I smile. But I'm raising money for a good cause and it could be worse I could need the foundation.

26th Movember
26.11.07
Not long now and I'm really looking forward to the big shave.

Movember the 30th
30.11.07
Here we are at the end of the mo-line. tomorrow I'm shaving it off and I'll post a picture of that event too.

December the 1st
1.12.07

No comments: