Saturday, 16 February 2008

The Weather

Have I run out of topics so soon that I have to write about the weather?

No I still have more, and every day more stuff will come up. (Soon will have to be the Tale of the 'tashe)

But today I want to chat about the weather. You see it's been pouring down all day today and a lot of yesterday and the day before that etc. Global warming is really messing up this summer...

Anyway I've decided I like weather. I like the sunshine and heat, I like snow, hail, sleet, rain (be it light or heavy) Thunder and lightning just fascinates me. Breezes and gusts of wind are fun. There is nothing better on a cold day to settle down in front of the fire with a good book and great music playing quietly in the background. (OK maybe settling down in front of the fire with a beloved one might be better than a book...)

Every aspect of weather has something about it to be impressed and to like about it. Some bits are annoying, like wet shoes or sunburn, but shoes dry and they invented sunblock and hats.

I wonder if we apply this to people as well? If we step back from aspects of a persons makeup that annoy us, can we begin to appreciate and enjoy the other likable, fascinating or peculiar aspects of who a person is?

Why not? Until then I'm off for a walk in the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget the weather...bring on "The Tale Of The Tache" my man!

Lovin' the blog.

Regards

Lovegod

Anonymous said...

I personally like weather, so feel free!